2. What was your first impression? How has it changed?
My first impression was that I won't be able to do this. After watching a full CrossFit session, looking at the movements and power that was required, I thought there is no way! But the professional trainers are great at modifying the level of difficulty to suit your fitness level and still allow you to feel apart of the group.
3. Are there any changes you have seen in your everyday life (movement, energy, etc.) as a result of doing CrossFit?
Im sore! especially in the mornings since I started CrossFit. My flexibility and mobility have increased, as for my energy level, I’ve noticed that i'm a lot less tired throughout my day at work.
4. You have upgraded your membership to include 4 personal training sessions a month. Tell us how that is helping you? why would it be beneficial for someone else?
I upgraded my membership with the personal training sessions to improve on some specific areas of weakness in my shoulders and legs that needed to be addressed to perform the CrossFit movements safely. With my personal trainer Jeff, he really tailors the session to address those specific areas so I can progress quicker. The benefits of the adding the personal training sessions to your membership, is the personalized programming that include exercises and movements that will target the areas that require the most attention.
5. Any advice you would give someone who is maybe looking to start CrossFit?
My advice would be don't hesitate and jump in. Yes it might be intimidating and you might feel a little out of your comfort zone but at CrossFit Closer, it's a family atmosphere. Everyone is there to support, teach, encourage you and join you in your progress.
6. What is your favourite CrossFit Closer memory so far?
Favourite memory so far would be my max front squat 185 pounds.