"I started CrossFit because it looked fun, but I've continued because of the way Adam has pushed me throughout the years, and because of all the great people I've had the privilege to suffer with"
1. Why did you start CrossFit?
I started working out to get bigger and stronger when I was young. After 6 years of that I was happy with my progress but it started getting very repetitive. I knew about CrossFit for about a year before I joined a box. I used to go to the main page and watch videos on how to properly do a bunch of the movements, and then practice at GoodLife. You're not supposed to use chalk or drop the weights at GoodLife, so it was pretty hard to excel at new movements that I was trying to learn. In 2011 I came to Closer. I started CrossFit because it looked fun, but I've continued because of the way Adam has pushed me throughout the years, and because of all the great people I've had the privilege to suffer with.
2. How long have you done CrossFit?
3. How often do you train?
As much as Adam lets me (;
4. What are your hopes for regionals?
I hope we suffer through every WOD together as a team and give it everything we got to represent CrossFit Closer.
5. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
Burger and a beer.
6. What’s your least favorite WOD and/or movement and why? Pushing a car at Wodtoberfest... I sucked real bad.
7. What do you love about CrossFit Closer?
Coaching, coaches, & the community
8. How has CrossFit helped in your everyday life?
It has helped me in every way. CrossFit pushes me to become the best version of myself. It challenges me physically, mentally, emotionally everyday, & keeps me in check.
9. If you could give any advice to anyone looking to start CrossFit what would it be? Just do 10.If you and this guy are having a stare down competition, who would blink first?