"I love the coaching and the people at CFC. The coaching standards are like no other and it has truly made me a better athlete."
1. Why did you start CrossFit?
I started CrossFit to add to my hockey training, try something new, and because my friend kept telling me how sore her legs were - I was curious and eager to try whatever kept making her unable to walk on a weekly basis (ha).
2. How long have you done CrossFit?
I've been doing CrossFit for approx 5 years.
3. How often do you train?
I train about 5 times a week.
4. What are your hopes for regionals?
To gain experience in the competition world and to support / cheer on my team.
5. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
ice-cream and peanut butter
6. What’s your least favorite WOD and/or movement and why?
Least favorite movement would have to be 12' wall balls..do we really need a why? ;)
7. What do you love about CrossFit Closer?
I love the coaching and the people at CFC. The coaching standards are like no other and it has truly made me a better athlete. I've also met the most amazing people here; and I'm privileged to say that I have many life long friends here.
8. How has CrossFit helped in your everyday life?
CrossFit helps me everyday. As a paramedic we are constantly lifting and carrying. I have gained the confidence to do this safely and properly every time I am met with a new circumstance (which is almost every day).
9. If you could give any advice to anyone looking to start CrossFit what would it be?
Be open minded and have fun with it. Don't take yourself too seriously at the beginning. Everything will feel foreign at first, that's okay! ... and then everything will feel sore.(ha ha)
10. If you and this animal were in foot race to the water fountain, who would win?
I've been known to run like a baby rhino, so we'd probably be a tie. (I'm also pretty sure it's my spirit animal)