CrossFit Closer Corporate Wellness
Why does corporate wellness matter?
Employee health and wellness directly affects the bottom line through increased absenteeism, increased disability, increased workplace accidents, reduced workplace effectiveness, and the negative impacts on work quality and customer service.
Obese employees on average are absent 13 times more than non-obese employees and incur almost 7 time more the medical claims costs. 1
Corporate Wellness Programs have been shown to improve:
- Reduced Health Care Costs
- Reduce Stress
- Reduce Obesity
- Improved Energy Levels
According to an article in Benefits Canada (March, 2013), companies such as Canada Life, DuPont, Prudential Insurance and Citibank report a savings of $2 to $6.85 for each $1 invested into Corporate Wellness!
1) CHI Bright Paper, "Profits of Wellness; Turning the high cost of poor health habits into healthy returns", May 2011
Why CrossFit Closer
CrossFit Closer's relentless commitment to quality of movements sets us apart from the competition. Our world class coaches teach proper mechanics preventing injury and ensuring a safe and efficient workout.
Employees participate in a group class where team cohesion is built and the removal of corporate heirarchy allows employees to connect, communicate, and build deep and meaningful sense of community with increase participation than traditional gym memberships.
CrossFit Closer fosters a hardworking, supportive, and positive environment for employees. Our classes are universally scaleable and inclusive, allowing everyone to participate at any age or fitness level.
Forbes Magazine states that there are 2 unique ways CrossFit as a corporate wellness program can enhance the bottom line:
1) Such fitness programs encourage workers to be more fit, which based on academic research should make them more productive due to higher energy levels, greater alertness, greater self-confidence, less absenteeism, and (according to Dr. Ratey) greater cognitive activity.
2) Such fitness programs foster a corporate culture which enhances the level of community, morale, connectivity, and pride by providing an opportunity for colleagues to engage in group exercises that foster a sense of accomplishment and teamwork while creating a heightened sense of awareness of the corporate mission and brand initiatives. 2
2) Rishe, Patrick, "Enhancing Corporate Productivity, Community with Group Fitness Programs: The Reebok-CrossFit Paradigm", October 22, 2011.
What We Offer
CrossFit Closer works side by side with corporations to develop custom made solutions based on their demands, objectives, and goals. We offer a range of on-site and off-site solutions depending on the size and needs of your business.
Fill in the form below and our expert staff will contact you shortly.