FITNESS FOR 65+
These energizing group fitness classes are designed to make you gain strength, improve stamina, and most importantly connect socially with peers! You'll meet great people, have fun, and improve your health and fitness all at the same time.
Our 30 minute classes use movements that are found in your everyday life, and by practicing them you will build confidence in your ability to stay independent and healthy longer.
We practice things like:
- The deadlift: How to lift an object safely from the ground.
Ex. Picking up a bag of cat litter from the floor.
- The Squat: How to go from a standing position, to seated, and back to standing safely.
Ex. Getting off of the couch.
- The Press: How to safely press an object away from your body.
Ex. Pushing a heavy door open.
- The Pull: How to safely pull an object towards your body.
Ex. Pulling yourself up out of the bathtub.
- The Burpee: How to safely get your body to the ground, and then return to standing.
Ex. Getting up safely after falling.
After each 30 minute class we pull out the kettle and have social time to get to know each other and stay connected. We have a variety of teas, and participants are welcome to bring their own beverages or snacks.
Starting January 7th, 2020
Tuesdays & Thursdays
2:00 - 2:30 Workout
2:30 - 3:00 Social Time
Try your first class FREE!
Single Class: $15.00
6 Classes: $75.00
1 Month: $90.00
*All prices include HST
JOIN THE MATURE MOVERS!
Try your first class FREE! No need to register, just show up!